Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
OP they are both good mods for the gts I know because I had them on my gts before I bought my EVO that is.:-D It should give you about 15+ HP and better gas milage not to mention it makes the car sound alot better.

·
Registered
455 Posts
k&n intake parts are 100% good. there is almost nothing that goes wrong with them and they have good customer service.
all cat back exhaust add about the same amount of performance, the only difference between them is the exhaust note/sound. find one you like, there are usually videos on youtube.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I would say yes with exhaust and intake. Im guessing its a DD? If this is your first time modding thats a great start. Modding for me is trial and error and everyone had to start somewhere. If your starting with an EVO and upgrading without knowledge then it would be costly. I would rather start with the base model and learn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Alright well heres what i did and why i did it.
One after noon I was browsing ebay for a car. I was looking for an evo til i talked to my insurance agent. I am 19 turning 20 in 2 days :godance: but he said that insurance would be soooo sooo sooo much more expensive for full coverage because of my age and the fact that an EVO is a fast car. So i decided i will just get a GTS since it looks way better than the DE or ES Sport. I saw a gts on ebay and it was a reasonable price. It was also close by. I thought I can get this GTS, then mod it to lookk more like an evo :) Because i would be saving so much more money by not paying a higher premium and car payment.And i have been. Thats why i am now browsing for parts to upgrade it. I want more practice working on my car. I LOVE MY CAR, even though it might not be an evo. Its my first car i bought myself and Im going to try to make it special :nerd:

Also I didnt post this on the wrong thread because i thought maybe these evo owners know more about it and it seems like everyone starts off with a GTS and then gets an EVO maybe i will do that, but for now, imma stick to what i have. OH and putting a turbo in this car did pop in my mind before, but i decided not too because i think getting an EVO would be more logical. :) thanks for the tips and all. I will probably be getting the greddy exhaust first and then get a short ram intake, i thought that the link i posted was the short ram :fail: THANKS AGAIN! If anyone would like to post some sweet EVO deals i would love to take a look, or if you want to sell me yours :D

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Oh in that case mod the car. The turbo is what adds the insurance premium.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts