Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not yet guys... but common NISSAN suprise us all.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/13/nissan-gt-r-v-spec-in-the-works/
Those who patiently wait out the first year of Nissan GT-R production to avoid the hassle of dealer markups or some of the bugs that come with a new car, you may make off with a better performing model. Nissan plans on bringing a V-Spec, meaning victory specification, version of the GT-R to market after the first year of sales. While V-Spec versions of previous GT-R generations did not receive power upgrades, that won't be true for the R35. Base output will be bumped from 480hp to 550hp through an increase in boost pressure. On top of that 150 kg (331 lbs) will be shed from the frame. Also, as typical with Nissan's race inspired trim levels, the V-Spec will include a more aggressive aero package. The goal for the car is to achieve a lap time at the Nurburgring of less than 7 minutes and 25 seconds -- 18 seconds ahead of the standard GT-R. It may take more than increased power, reduced weight and increased down force to achieve the feat. Therefore, it would not be out of the question for a V-Spec model to feature revised differential controls, wider wheels and tires and even a brake upgrade.

[Source: Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/216951/ultimate_nissan_gtr.html
Thought the Nissan GT-R was already too hot to handle? Think again! Not content with the standard car’s blistering performance, the Japanese firm is developing a mighty V-Spec flagship – and we have all the details.

While the standard GT-R produces 473bhp, the range-topper is tipped to deliver a huge 550bhp from its twin-turbo 3.8-litre V6. The 16 per cent power boost will be matched by a substantial 150kg weight reduction to make the V-Spec one of the most hardcore supercars on the planet.

And the modifications won’t stop with performance upgrades – the body will get an aerodynamic make-over, too. Our picture shows how efficient the standard car is at slicing through the air, and a wild bodykit complete with side skirts and splitter will give the V-Spec maximum downforce at high speeds. Inside, the cabin will be stripped out to help reduce weight, but the dash-mounted touchscreen will remain. In fact, by the time the model arrives, the features available in the hi-tech system will be even more advanced, giving greater control of the set-up on the move.

Nissan has two very specific targets for the thrilling newcomer. Firstly, its engineers are desperate to complete a lap at Germany’s Nürburgring in less than seven minutes and 25 seconds, to take the circuit record.

And they are also keen to topple Porsche’s 911 GT2 and GT3 from the top of performance trackday wish lists. But the extra pace won’t come cheap. The GT-R is set to cost around £55,000 when it goes on sale in the UK in March 2009, and the V-Spec will add £20,000-plus to that. It will join the range before the end of next year

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ummm, as cool as the skyline is, last time I checked this is a evo X forum, not a skyline forum. Why the fuck are we talking about this? And yes, it will probably be able to do it in 7:25.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Vspec me please!! 550HP stock. I likes.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Ummm, as cool as the skyline is, last time I checked this is a evo X forum, not a skyline forum. Why the fuck are we talking about this? And yes, it will probably be able to do it in 7:25.
:wtfsign:

Did you check the name of the sub-forum? 'Other Automobiles' Want to talk about something other than Evo X, this is the place.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think that the GT-R (V-spec or no V-spec) will be the accessible dream car for the above-average North American! At least it will be once this dealer mark-up crap stops.

When I was a kid I dreamed about driving a Porsche 911 Turbo with the big whale tale in the back. In my dream it was even painted like an Orca whale (predominantly black with white around the bottom). Silly kid, Porsches are for dicks. :jk:

But my point is this is a kick ass car and within reach of your average dentist. :) It is good to dream.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.