Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching a lot of CKWraps videos on YouTube I decided to give it a go. It took me a month to complete. I was only working on it during my spare time. Which is not a lot. Most of my time was spent on small practice pieces just to learn the material and process. I wrapped the first door handle 7 times before I thought it was perfect. I’ve seen so many bad wrap jobs and that isn’t going to be mine. I’ll be doing it again in the spring. Betting I can wrap It in under 10 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks really good man. I just plastidipped my X flat camo green about a month ago and it turned out amazing but now I'm looking to vinyl wrap it as well since it's more durable. Any tips for someone looking to also DIY? Just YouTube vids? Recommend any magnet/scraper kits? Films/Brands?

Fantastic job man, love that color.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks really good man. I just plastidipped my X flat camo green about a month ago and it turned out amazing but now I'm looking to vinyl wrap it as well since it's more durable. Any tips for someone looking to also DIY? Just YouTube vids? Recommend any magnet/scraper kits? Films/Brands?

Fantastic job man, love that color.
Tips: practice on spots that you think will be difficult. I used probably 100+ small pieces in areas that I thought would be problematic.

Tools: 3m squeegees (soft and firm) with buffer pads. Wrap glove, wrap sticks, exacto- blade, knifeless tape.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After watching a lot of CKWraps videos on YouTube I decided to give it a go. It took me a month to complete. I was only working on it during my spare time. Which is not a lot. Most of my time was spent on small practice pieces just to learn the material and process. I wrapped the first door handle 7 times before I thought it was perfect. I’ve seen so many bad wrap jobs and that isn’t going to be mine. I’ll be doing it again in the spring. Betting I can wrap It in under 10 days.
View attachment 287052
Look very nice. I actually saw his YouTubes and he is very detailed . I actually did my own roof glossy black cane out pretty good

·
Registered
31 Posts
looks very nice, do had someone to help you with big sheets of wrap? Looks like it was done very professional.... Does anyone in Sacramento area wants to do his car also? I asked one company they gave me a quote of 6k, so I changed my mind on t, but doing myself its a good thought..., but don't know with my time how long it will take me...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks very nice, do had someone to help you with big sheets of wrap? Looks like it was done very professional.... Does anyone in Sacramento area wants to do his car also? I asked one company they gave me a quote of 6k, so I changed my mind on t, but doing myself its a good thought..., but don't know with my time how long it will take me...
I had help a couple of times. Mostly someone just holding a piece here and there. It can be done alone. I bought the black sheet and did the roof by myself and it wasn’t that difficult. So I decided to do the whole car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had help a couple of times. Mostly someone just holding a piece here and there. It can be done alone. I bought the black sheet and did the roof by myself and it wasn’t that difficult. So I decided to do the whole car.
Thank you! I just need to try it some day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts