·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Nice bro!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, I wrapped my black 350z white before deciding on wrapping my Evo. It costs about 600 for the material.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a pita but I totally enjoy doing it. It has a slick waxy surface to it. Just wipe it down or quick rinse will make it spotless again.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It is a pita but I totally enjoy doing it. It has a slick waxy surface to it. Just wipe it down or quick rinse will make it spotless again.
oohhh ok gotcha. every time i hear or see satin or "flat" especially in white, i would assume there no waxy or slick coat to help keep it clean. hense the satin finish but im a huge noob with the wrap scene.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
That should look great! Those vg pieces may be tricky though unless you remove them. Did you plastidip your front bumper first? Looks like the black was flat

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks nice. I'm dipping my PB flat white next month before the El Paso heat gets too bad. Much easier to apply and remove compared to a wrap. Would love a satin finish though.

=Jason-

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
a lot cheaper than getting a paint job. i might have to try this out in the future after i get tired of rally red.
Definitely cheaper, I prefer the stock paint, this is to change it up and to protect it.

The pearl white really looks good!
Thanks.

oohhh ok gotcha. every time i hear or see satin or "flat" especially in white, i would assume there no waxy or slick coat to help keep it clean. hense the satin finish but im a huge noob with the wrap scene.
Imagine vinyl clothing but for your car, unlike paint, it's got no grip to it at all.

That should look great! Those vg pieces may be tricky though unless you remove them. Did you plastidip your front bumper first? Looks like the black was flat
I'm taking everything off before I wrap the rest of the car. No PD on this car, just the angle of the shot.

Looks nice. I'm dipping my PB flat white next month before the El Paso heat gets too bad. Much easier to apply and remove compared to a wrap. Would love a satin finish though.

=Jason-
It is totally is easier to apply but there are some drawbacks to plastidip as I've used it on small parts before. It has a very rubbery surface and everything clings to it. You can't just wipe it down like vinyl. Over spray gets between the panels and it is nearly impossible to remove from rubber seals. It also leaves a slight residue after you remove it. Any thin areas are a pita to remove. And I would still plastidip over baking my paint in the hot sun.

Looking great! Wish I had the patience for something like that.
I can't wait to see the completed project.
Thanks gents.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yea the finish of plastidip sucks, bet this will look way better in person

·
Registered
703 Posts
OMG LOOKS AMAZING!!, might get my pb done as i always wanted a ww

1 - 20 of 170 Posts