Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKING TO BUY OEM TPMS SENSORS. IF ANYONE HAS THEM AND WANTS TO GET RID OF THEM HIT ME UP. ALSO IF ANYBODY HAS USED AFTERMARKET TIRE SENSORS THAT ACTUALLY WORK, PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK FOR THEM!

THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
362 Posts
Most aftermarket sensors will work. You just have to have the correct tool. Even if you get OE sensors, it doesn't mean that you can just slap them on your car and the light goes away.

You just have to have 4 working sensors, sending the codes that the ECU is programmed to look for. If you get 4 OE sensors from some other X, they will have 4 different codes anyway.

You have two options.
1. Find out what your 4 sensor ID's are. Then "clone" or program 4 sensors TO have those same 4 ID's. The car will pick them up just like the 4 OE sensors.

2. Get sensors programmed for an X. Use a tool to program those new 4 sensor ID's to the ECU. Then the car "forgets" the old ID's and picks up the new 4 ID's just like before.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We sell a ton of sensors through work and I just installed 4 new sensors in to my CE28N's a couple months ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts