Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Split between a very great remote etuner from what i've read here and a local tuner....would like to know what questions i can ask and answers i can get from the local tuner to see if he is the right choice

only advantage i see so far with local tuner is that it will be an immediate dyno tune over taking a few days with an etuner...but would like to have it done properly...i know the etuner is great so what should i ask my local tuner to see if he is just as good?like mode 23 etc.?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Local is nice but a superior tuner is superior regardless remote or not. I've had 4 tuners, all etuners. I am so set on the guy I work with now I don't think I could ever let anyone else tune my car.

I think having a evo specific tuner is a must. If you go to someone that does a lot of different platforms then I find they lack platform critical knowledge you only get from someone that does evos day in and out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pretty easy to tell if you made the right choice or not. If you chose Chet you picked right. Anyone else and you picked wrong ..

:coffee:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dumb question but I just bought a tactrix 2.0 and top speed exhaust.I have a 2015 evo final edition and am ready to start tuning. Everybody on here says to talk to Chet? How can I reach him? Have never done any tuning but plan on bolt ons. Will Chet help me out?Thank you

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dumb question but I just bought a tactrix 2.0 and top speed exhaust.I have a 2015 evo final edition and am ready to start tuning. Everybody on here says to talk to Chet? How can I reach him? Have never done any tuning but plan on bolt ons. Will Chet help me out?Thank you
I went with TJ @ WTF and he's done a killer job. I've heard Chet is good too, and people are happy with him. You can probably just search "Chet" on here and find his info.

You will want to grab a wideband sensor to monitor AFR while tuning. Your etuner will help you get everything working if you have problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pretty easy to tell if you made the right choice or not. If you chose Chet you picked right. Anyone else and you picked wrong ..

:coffee:
sweet this is what i plan on doing, this post just so i can get 15 posts to pm him lol. :innocent:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Chet is the only way to go. He is currently working on my 3rd setup tune xD

Have had absolutely no issues with any of his tunes, 100% recommend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts