Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rolling on SA-55M 18x9 +20 wheels, and just got lowered on Swift Sport springs. These before and after shots are for those of you thinking of getting either the WedsSports or the springs. So far I'm really happy with both. Hope this helps.

The Springs:
C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
and this thread is FOR ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics

Sorry, needed some more editing before the pics were ready. Here's some more that better show how the 18x9 +20 offset looks:

D0.jpg

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And more...

Here's the last of them:

E1.jpg

E2.jpg

E3.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
x2, will help me decide what springs shall support my car in the future. I really like how those look. Perfect stance, not too low, i likes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really couldn't stand the monster truck suspension at the front anymore and had to do something about it. I liked the greater drop in the front than the back (1"/0.6"), but didn't want it too low overall like some other springs. Also didn't want to compromise ride quality or become a snowplow in the winter as this is my DD.

As for the wheels, I didn't want them too aggressive and went with 18x9 +20 offset, whereas most people seem to choose 18x10 +18. This way my wheels are only out 0.5" less without the need to roll or pull fenders. Plus 265 rubber would fit nicely.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
great comparison pics.. congrats on a good looking drop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the pics/specs sir. just in time as im trying to decide what set up im going for. you my friend just saved me a lot of searching. thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want the SA-55M, I think it's either 9" or 10". The only rubbing I've noticed is some occasional rubbing with the plastic inside the front wheel well at full wheel lock. Rolling and pulling won't change that. 265s might worsen that a little, but probably only at full wheel lock. If you go 9.5" it'll depend on the offset you get. Again, a lot of people get these wheels in 18x10 +18, but I think those require at least some rolling. Anyone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
404 Posts
finally some good shots where you can clearly see the gap between stock and the swifts'
:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Happy to hear this helps.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I've been considering a drop, but in my area the roads are kinda crappy in a lot of places and I don't want to have to baby my car over and around bumps because of a drop :/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts