Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With as much as we have learned about the problems with the fuel relay, why are we not just removing it from the picture? Has anyone just wired in full voltage and successfully tuned around it? Anyone running a surge tank certainly doesn't need this relay, and if some are tuning walbro's or 044's, wouldn't they put out more fuel than a stock pump on full voltage? I remember in my GVR4 days, we wanted more juice to the fuel pump so we wired a relay to switch a 10 gauge wire to directly feed the pump. On stock injectors and stock intake, shouldn't there be a pretty standard tuning adjustment at idle/cruise for running full voltage all the time?

And another topic, a (more expensive) alternative to the 255 was the stock Supra turbo pump. It flowed 300 and its big advantage was it was WAY quieter. Does anyone still use this or did it just get forgotten?

As always, more questions than answers....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no one wants to comment? where are the tuners? AMS? ETS? CBRD? MAP? hollywood? clipse? anyone?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
With as much as we have learned about the problems with the fuel relay, why are we not just removing it from the picture? Has anyone just wired in full voltage and successfully tuned around it? Anyone running a surge tank certainly doesn't need this relay, and if some are tuning walbro's or 044's, wouldn't they put out more fuel than a stock pump on full voltage? I remember in my GVR4 days, we wanted more juice to the fuel pump so we wired a relay to switch a 10 gauge wire to directly feed the pump. On stock injectors and stock intake, shouldn't there be a pretty standard tuning adjustment at idle/cruise for running full voltage all the time?

And another topic, a (more expensive) alternative to the 255 was the stock Supra turbo pump. It flowed 300 and its big advantage was it was WAY quieter. Does anyone still use this or did it just get forgotten?

As always, more questions than answers....

There's the DW65C option now which flows 265, is direct swap fit and is way quieter than the 255. I've heard of the supra pump swap tho, my friend w/ a GVR4 also wanted to do this his 255 was noisy as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.